Friday, February 19, 2010

Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn










Recently I was informed by a friend that one of my friends
whom we've lost contact were asking about me-about
where I am, where am I teaching, what happens to me and
etc etc.
I am annoyed, really.
I havehad a lot of friends, who, when we were together, I have
always thought to be my dearest friends.
However, it has all been an illusion. When our lives took us
apart and we started a new life, I was left behind.
To make matters worse I was posted to a SBP school, and
none of my friends were. Whenever I talked about the probs
I had teaching in SBP, they would shrug me off and say, "Hey,
it's all in a day's work" After receiving such poor and unfriendlike
reception, I decided to switch off. I don't need those people who 
are my friends only when they need me and just ignore me when
they like. 
I am a person, too.
Everyday I pray to God that I won't ever do that to people.
I have a score of good friends(or so I thought) when I left
university/school. But, as soon as they got married, I am
left behind. No more time for  girlfriends. Husband comes
first followed by babies. bff can rot  wherever thay are
for all they care.
Now, after 10 years, when the husbands don't look that
delish anymore and babies are no longer heavenly, suddenly
they remember their friends?
Hello bff, I got news for you. The ship has sailed 10 years ago.
The grass yonder is greener.
Please don't come and search for me and pretend to care.
If u don't know whether i'm married or not or where i'm living 
now, could u call urself my friend? 

b4 i end this melodrama, let me recite some lines from the
Great Gloria Gaynor,
'Go now just go, walk out the door,
Just turn around now, you're not welcomed anymore,
weren't u the 1 who tried to hurt me with goodbye,
you'd think i'd crumble, you'd think i'll lay down and die,
Oh no NOT I, I will survive,
Oh, as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live and I've got all my love to give
And I'll survive, I will survive, oh'


1 comment:

  1. miss dura~ we will always remember n love u huhu~ chill oke.. =]

    ReplyDelete

we're all calm, rational people rite?