1. Numbskull :(
2. Please look into the exams and how it is marked. It’s 90% grammar.
Only if the paper survives the red pen only then it will go into the
A (42 ABOVE FROM 50) band. Nothing inside matters. As long as
the grammar is perfect.
3. I tried to make Eng fun by using LCD, youtube and making it
interactive. The problems I face-the lack of facilities, and then the
no-support from the higher ups. They don’t allow me to teach
anything else than exam things to Form 5 and for Form 4 I have to
instill the correct way to answer the exam paper. SUCKS
4. Frickin Exams. Every 2 months-March, May, Aug, Oct. June is a
hols. Where’s the time to study and get plenty of exposure?
5. Apparently, if you don’t sound like the Queen, your Eng is no good. HUH?
6. I am a TESL graduate. We focus on COMMUNICATING.
Schools and exams focus on GRAMMAR/STRUCTURE. See the clash?
See why we Eng teachers are seen as impotent?
I like this article though I think the text book is blameless.