Friday, October 4, 2013

Harry Potter Series' Wisdoms (2)

If it's not clear, let's read the whole excerpt where this quotation comes from,

"Well, now he's back(Voldemort) it's bound to hurt more often," said Sirius.
"So you don't think it had anything to do with Umbridge touching me when I was in detention with her?" Harry asked.
"I doubt it," said Sirius.  "I know her by reputation and I'm sure she's no Death Eater---"
"She's foul enough to be one," said Harry darkly and Ron and Hermione nodded vigorously in agreement.
"Yes, but the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters," said Sirius with a wry smile.  "I know she's a nasty piece of work, though --- you should hear Remus talk about her."



The first time I read this, I was struck because all these time, I had always judged like that-if you're not good, you're evil. It's not, really. Now I know better. I know there are good people, evil people and nasty people. Like Robin Hood; he's bad cuz he steals from rich douchebags people but he does that to help the oppressed . There's always that grey area to consider.

Now I know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

we're all calm, rational people rite?