Sunday, September 11, 2011

On September 11, 2001 where was I and what was I doing?


I remember clearly that morning. I was still in UKM, and I had class the whole day, and living in the college in my second year, it was my routine to watch the telly after Isya’. Usually I go and watch those Chinese dramas, so popular at that time. Around 10pm the news about 9-11 came out, and it was surreal. TV3 was reporting as ‘AMERICA UNDER ATTACK’ and it was pretty chaotic. As I watched, the number of students watching it grew, because it was a horrific sight. None of us said anything.  The news only reported what happened, and we didn’t know who was behind it or what repercussion it would bring later. It just felt bad. I went to my room at 11pm.

                The next day, it was all over the news and newspaper, and then the reality of the situation hit me.  I still remembered the news reported, close to 4,000 casualties but the story dominated the telly that day and the rest of the month. I kept thinking how horrible! I remembered talking to my friend about the huge amount of deaths, and how terrible it was. Imagine, it’s the number of occupants in the whole of UKM! It was nauseating and this act of terrorism is very, very appalling and disgusting. I never felt so bad for anybody, as bad as what I felt for the family of the victims(rivaled only what I felt for the 2004 tsunami victims) And when we watched about the firefighters who died trying to rescue before the towers collapse, it made it worse. I pray this will never happen again, not to me nor anybody in this world.

This was the exact news I watched on TV1 and it was repeated the whole week.


 RIP 9-11 Victims

No comments:

Post a Comment

we're all calm, rational people rite?