I am also a huge fan of Calla lily. But it's hard to find, even the fake ones! I had to throng the entire Nilai 3 and found it in only a few shops. And the price is exorbitant too!
Most people have heard of Birthstones, well the following list is of Birthflowers.
Flower: Carnation, Snowdrop
Flower: Primrose, Violet
Flower: Jonquil, Violet
Flower: Daisy, Sweet Pea
Flower: Hawthorn, Lily of the Valley
Flower: Honeysuckle, Rose
Flower: Larkspur, Water Lily
Flower: Gladiolus, Poppy
Flower: Aster, Morning Glory
Flower: Calendula, Cosmos
Flower: Holly, Narcissus, Poinsettia
You can base your colour choice on traditional associations or scientific choices.
Traditional Colour Choice
These traditional colour choices mainly apply to roses but may also be applied to other flower types.
- Red roses mean romantic love.
- Purple roses signify that the giver has fallen in love with the recipient at first sight.
- Coral and orange roses signal desire.
- Yellow roses are joy and friendship.
- Pink roses express our gratitude and appreciation.
- Light pink roses show feelings of admiration and sympathy.
- Peach is more indefinite, as it can signify either sympathy or gratitude.
- White roses show meaning of reverence and humility.
- Black : self-confidence, power, strength
- Blue : calming, lowers blood pressure
- Green : soothing, relaxing mentally as well as physically, helps those suffering from depression, anxiety, nervousness
- Violet : provides a peaceful environment
- Pink: relaxes, relieves tension, soothing
- Yellow : energizes, relieves depression,
- Orange : energizes, stimulates
- Red : stimulates brain wave activity, increases heart rate, respirations and blood pressure
- Aries are a Fire Sign which means they are passionate, enthusiastic, adventurous
- Flowers & Plants for an Aries: Opuntia cactus (prickly pear), celosia (cockscomb), thorn-bearing shrubs, red roses, tulips, red peppers, amaryllis
- Taurians are Earth Signs which means they are home-loving, conventional, gourmand
- Flowers & Plants for a Taurus: sweet William (Dianthus barbatus), scented stock, fruit-bearing trees, lavender, lilac, aster, lily of the valley, sweet pea
- Gemini is an Air Sign and they are talkative, lively, intellectual
- Flowers & Plants for Geminis include: Solanum (Winter cherries), ranunculus, maidenhair fern (Addiantum), solidago (goldenrod), acacia (mimosa, wattle), daffodil, nut-bearing trees, cactus
- Cancerians are Water Signs meaning they are secretive, protective, caring
- Flowers & Plants for the Cancerians are: cornflower (Centaurea cyanus), Ammi (Queen Anne's lace), delphinium, ferns, plumbago, passionflower, hydrangea, iris
- The mighty Leo is a Fire Sign, they are extrovert, faithful, larger than life
- Leo's Flowers & Plants are: safflower (Carthamus), croton, Joseph's coat (Codiaeum), marigold, gerbera, crocosmia, dahlia, clivia, sunflower
- Virgo comes under the Earth Sign and they are generally practical, modest, perfectionist
- Virgo Flower& Plant choices include: monkshood (Aconitum), hypericum ( St John's wort), chrysanthemum, eucalyptus, veronica, violet, ivy, thistle
- Librans are Air Signs, they are elegant, diplomatic, romantic
- Libran Flowers & Plants are: chincherinchee (Ornithogalum), Moluccella (bells of Ireland), Cymbidium orchid, gardenia, tea roses, tuberose, freesia, gladiolus
- The Scorpio is a Water Sign. The Scorpio is sensual, determined, dangerous
- Flowers & Plants for Scorpio include: venus fly trap (Dionaea), Alpinia (pink ginger), Amaranthus (love lies bleeding), red hot poker (Kniphofia), hibiscus, peony, cactus, anthurium
- Sagittarius is a Fire Sign, they are straightforward, optimistic, playful
- Sagittarian Flowers & Plants include: Eremurus (foxtail lily), eustoma (lisianthus), Liatris (blazing star), carnation, crocus, muscari, berried plants, allium
- Capricorns come under the Earth Sign, they are hard-working, ambitious, respectable
- Capricorn Flowers & Plants are: statice, holly, African violet, ivy, philodendron, kentia palm, snowdrop, jasmine
- The Aquarians fall under the Air Sign they are forward-looking, unconventional, independent
- Aquarian Flowers & Plants include: Eryngium (sea holly), arum lily (Zantedeschia), bird of paradise (Strelitzia), pitcher plant (Sarracenia), banksia, protea, yucca, aloe
- Pisceans are Water Signs, they are intuitive, humorous, compassionate
- Flowers & Plants for the Pisces include: madonna lily (Lilium candidum), Euphorbia marginata, Cyperus (papyrus), stephanotis, jasmine, lilac, narcissus, gypsophila